top of page
Arrow Background 2-Black.png

Can you see your future with Level Up Kansas? We are here to help you make your dream career happen. Check out these programs and learn more about in-demand career opportunities including jobs by industry, potential salaries, and education requirements. 


KansasWorks is your resource for jobs, resumes, or training programs in your area. Find your dream career with their easy search-and-apply platform, upload or create a resume, and find state or federally funded training programs to enter a new career.

Create an account to start Leveling Up your life today.

You have questions? We have answers. Get started on your dream career today.


  • What is Level Up Kansas?
    Level Up Kansas is a newly created nonprofit dedicated to helping Kansans pursue fulfilling career paths. We connect with and coach Kansas residents who are seeking to complete technical certifications or 2-year associate degree programs. We collaborate with community colleges, technical colleges, industry leaders, and legislators to provide comprehensive support and guidance to program participants.
  • Am I eligible for assistance from Level Up Kansas?
    Level Up Kansas is a free service for all Kansans - there are no requirements or qualifications to utilize our services. Our focus is to help those interested in the following: Earn a technical certification or 2-year associate degree from a Kansas Community or Technical College Pursue a career in a high-demand field such as healthcare, agriculture, early childhood development, manufacturing, computer sciences, and more! Connect with one of our navigators through phone or email and stay connected with them as you go through the process of earning your degree or certificate Have the motivation and growth mindset to Level Up your life!
  • Do I need a high school diploma or GED to receive aid?
    Yes, a high school diploma or GED is required to pursue associate or technical degrees and certifications at the community college level in the state of Kansas.
  • Which schools offer tuition assistance?
    We collaborate with community colleges and technical colleges to meet our students’ needs. Most community colleges and technical colleges are within the Level Up Kansas network. Not all schools offer all qualifying programs. If you have specific questions relating to schools and Level Up Kansas support, please send us an email or give us a call.
  • Is there a service agreement associated with Level Up Kansas resources?
    Some resources Level Up Kansas connects students with have service agreements. For example, if you receive Kansas Promise Act Scholarship funds, following successful completion of your degree program, you agree to live and work in Kansas for a minimum of two consecutive years.
  • Is Level Up Kansas "free community college?"
    Yes and no. Level Up Kansas connects you with opportunities like the Kansas Promise Act which provides tuition assistance if you are under a specific income level – and only for specific educational programs. The Kansas Promise Act is a “last dollar” program, which means after other grant aid is taken into consideration first, assistance from this program makes up the difference, so if you meet all the eligibility requirements, it would bring your total out-of-pocket costs to $0.
  • How does the tuition assistance work?
    Level Up Kansas connects you to programs like the Kansas Promise Act that provide tuition assistance. These programs help make up the difference between what federal or state financial aid pays for and the cost of tuition, fees, and books. This means if you enroll in a eligible certificate or degree program, you must first complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You may also be required to provide documentation of household income or eligibility for federal assistance. We want to make your dream happen. If you want to come to school and get certifications or a degree that leads to a career, we can help you find money to make it happen.
  • Do I have to enroll as a full-time student?
    Level Up Kansas works with both full and part-time students. If you are a part-time student, you must enroll in a minimum of 6 credit hours (usually two classes) per semester or in an otherwise approved short-term program. You may also receive additional financial assistance if you qualify for full Federal Pell Grants and enroll full-time (12 or more credit hours in fall and spring semesters, and 6 credit hours in summer – usually four and two classes, respectively). This additional assistance is intended to help offset costs outside of the classroom so you can focus on school without worrying about other expenses. To stay eligible for these assistance programs you must maintain satisfactory academic progress.
  • Is there a time limit for completing my degree or certification under a tuition assistance program?
    As long as you continue pursuing the same educational program, you have three years to complete an associate degree. If you complete a certificate with your chosen educational track and stop school to work, you will still be eligible for tuition assistance if you return within one year. After returning, you then have two years to complete your associate degree before funding expires.
  • What's the difference between associate degrees and certificate programs? How do they fit into Level Up Kansas?
    At Level Up Kansas, we want you to find your dream career. Some careers require associate degrees while others are better suited to certifications. The pathway is determined by your end destination and your particular circumstances. Many programs at Kansas community colleges and technical colleges have multiple levels of training. For some programs, your first semester or two will be made up of specialized training. By the end of those training programs, you’ll take a certification exam and earn a workplace credential. Then, you’ll take additional courses and training to earn an associate degree. Some jobs only require a workplace certification, while other jobs may require an associate degree. Programs that are eligible for tuition assistance are stackable, which means you could graduate with two workplace certifications and an associate degree – three for the price of one!
  • What are some of the benefits of participating in a tuition assistance program?
    Level Up Kansas will connect you with programs that will provide you the financial freedom to build the future you picture. By connecting you with these programs, you will be able to remove the financial barrier of higher education so you can Level Up your career without sacrificing financial security for you and your family. With Level Up Kansas’s guidance, you will be studying in in-demand career fields that are actively hiring in Kansas.
  • After I graduate, am I guaranteed a job?
    Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee a job after completing your educational program. Our navigators are dedicated to helping you through the program, getting a good start in your new career field, and connecting you with resources like Career Centers and hiring networks to fill in-demand positions.
  • I am hoping to pursue my master’s degree. Can Level Up Kansas help me find scholarships and financial aid?
    Level Up Kansas’ primary focus is on helping students who are looking to pursue educational programs at Kansas Community Colleges and Technical Colleges. At this time, we are unable to offer any guidance on financial aid for advanced degree programs. Please reach out to the school you plan to attend for assistance with these questions. If you are currently working, you might also check with your employer to see if they offer any tuition reimbursement.
  • I would like to pursue an online program – can you help?
    Level Up Kansas can help connect you with online options available through Kansas Community Colleges and Technical Colleges. Please note that not all programs are offered online due to requiring labs or other hands-on training. At this time, we are unable to connect with programs or resources if the program is not accredited or is not based in Kansas. However, we may be able to find a similar option through a Kansas college that we can refer you to.
  • I want to continue my education with an institution that is out of state. Can you assist me?
    Our focus is on matching Kansans with educational and career opportunities in Kansas. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer navigator assistance for those planning to attend a program that is out of state.
  • I'm ready! How do I apply?
    Get started by completing the form on the Get Started page. You will receive an email with the Career Guide and a link to the Education Goals form. After completing the Education Goals form, you will be connected with one of our Level Up Kansas Navigators who will suggest options for you based on your goals and help you find the perfect fit for the next steps in your Level Up journey.
bottom of page